Another adrenalin-packed year for Custom, Major Sponsor of the LCR Honda team competing in the MotoGP™
The start of the MotoGP™ World Championships is coming up and, once again this year, Custom will have the honour and pleasure of appearing on the front of the nose of the LCR Honda team's motorcycle, as Major Sponsor.
The strong link with the Team, founded by Lucio Cecchinello in 1996, is due to the common interest in challenges, new technology, speed and team work, that will make this 2018 another emotion-packed year.
The latest news this year is that the Japanese driver Takaaki Nakagami will accompany the established driver Cal Crutchlow. A completely new duo in the LCR Honda Team box that declares itself satisfied and ambitious for this new season!
Cal Crutchlow: a long-standing bond with the LCR Honda Team
Cal Crutchlow was born in Coventry on 29 October 1985; his passion for two wheels took root when he was still young, so much so, that in 1999 he won the British Junior Challenge Championship, laying the way for a series of important goals in the world of motorcycling.
In 2011, his career changed direction when he entered the MotoGP™ to compete, going from one team to another until he officially became part of the LCR Honda Team in 2015 with whom he created a bond of reciprocal trust and respect that is still going strong today.
Some of his most important accomplishments include the first MotoGP™ victory in 2016 at the Grand Prix in the Czech Republic, winning the Grand Prix in Australia in the same year and third place last year in Argentina.
Takaaki Nakagami: the LCR Honda Team's new entry
Takaaki Nakagami was born in Chiba on 9 February1992; he showed his determination from an early age, starting his career in mini-motorcycling and moving on to the Japanese National Championship which he won in 2006, in the 125 category.
He entered the 125 Motor Cycle Racing World Championships in 2008, leaving it in 2010 to return to Japan, in other national competitions.
In 2012, he re-entered the Motor Cycle Racing World Championships and took part up until last year, winning various important titles including first place in the Dutch Grand Prix in 2016.
This year, he is officially joining the LCR Honda Team taking part in the MotoGP™ alongside the well-established Cal Crutchlow.
MotoGP™ 2018 calendar
- 18 March - Qatar* - Losail International Circuit
- 08 April - República Argentina - Termas de Río Hondo
- 22 April - Americas - Circuit of the Americas
- 06 May - Spain - Circuito de Jerez
- 20 May - France - Le Mans
- 03 June - Italy - Autodromo del Mugello
- 17 June - Catalunya - Barcelona - Catalunya
- 01 July - Netherlands - TT Circuit Assen
- 15 July - Germany - Sachsenring
- 05 August - Czech Republic - Automotodrom Brno
- 12 August - Austria - Red Bull Ring - Spielberg
- 26 August - Great Britain** - TBA
- 09 September - San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini - Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli
- 23 September - Aragón - MotorLand Aragón
- 07 October - Thailand - Chang International Circuit
- 21 October - Japan - Twin Ring Motegi
- 28 October - Australia - Phillip Island
- 04 November - Malaysia - Sepang International Circuit
- 18 November - Comunitat Valenciana - Comunitat Valenciana - Ricardo Tormo
Get your engines revving... Stay tuned!